Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Quiet little birthday.

38 years of marriage and I continue to fine tune our relationship and events. Mr. Macho marked his 62nd birthday with a visit with this dad, a visit from his in-town sister, a bottle of nice champagne, and a delicious steak from the Piggly Wiggly. At last I am getting the hang of what he likes. My sister and a friend both asked what I would serve with the steak, as if it would be a fancy dish. That is not what the Mr. prefers. He likes french fries, the frozen variety, cooked in the oven. That and a salad were served. The meal was topped off by two Butterfinger cupcakes procured at the local cup cake establishment. It was darn near perfect, according to Mr. Macho.

The democratic debate combined with the champagne provided the knock out punch and I only awoke when the teevee was turned off, signaling bedtime. Alls well that ends well. 

Mr. Macho seemed genuinely happy to receive the two books I had purchased at The Hermitage for his birthday. That plus the lottery ticket! Wouldn't that be fun?! I'll let you know. 

Yesterday I wore shorts and flip flops to go and pick up the cupcakes. We woke to a crisp 41 degrees this morning. So. I have just finished putting out the first box of winter clothes into my closet. Here it is the middle of October and it still heats up to a cozy 84 mid-day. Layering will be the modus operandi for the next month or so. Getting out of bed these days is harder due to the sun arriving later. And. It is cozy under the sheet and blanket. 

I think retirement talk is taking on new gravity. Especially since this birthday has passed. I'll admit that I am concerned because it is new territory. Ah well. We will figure it out. I am hoping sooner rather than later. 

Dusting awaits. 
Namaste, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment