Monday, March 27, 2017

Barometric pressure.

That must be what is making me feel stagnant this afternoon. That plus the adrenaline that was coursing through my body this morning.

On my way to Walmart this morning I was passed by multiple emergency vehicles driving at a high rate of speed. There were some police cars blocking entrances to the highway. I pulled over three different times to allow police cars to pass. Then I spotted an ambulance heading at a high rate in the opposite direction. On the second stop I called Mr. Macho. We've watched too many CSIs and crime shows for me not to know that, more than likely, a policeman had been shot. My biggest clue was the fact that there were multiple agencies represented in the speeding parade of cars. And. Did I say how fast they were going?!

Sure enough. Watching the mid-day news confirmed my suspicions that a policeman had been shot in the leg. There had been a high speed chase across three counties.

So I came home - roads still blocked to oncoming traffic. Investigations will go on well into the night, according to local news Twitter accounts.

I am coming down from the adrenaline. Haven't accomplished much. Got the grocery shopping done. A load of clothes in the wash. Some veggies roasting in the oven. Dot. Dot. Dot.



I picked these out my yard. The pansies are so satisfying. They just bloom and bloom. Happy little flowers. 

Saturday Mr. Macho constructed a frame for Daughter's upcoming art festival sale. He did a fabulous job on it. 

We had to run out and pick up the pegboard...and voila! 
Less than two weeks until the art festival. 
 ***

This is my last week of gardner classes. I have already started some volunteer hours. Will participate in another volunteer project tomorrow. I've got this. 

***
Wrapped up a year and a half Bible time line study last week. (Did you hear the angels sing their relief?!) I am glad to have completed it. The last bit I must confess I didn't do my homework very well. But I hung in there. Another study starts this week. It is promised to be lighter. Keep your finger crossed!

***
My veggies are calling. 
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment