Monday, March 20, 2017

No pictures.

Only words. It was a quick, good weekend. Ran down to the coast to visit Mom. Stayed with Beach Boy and his family.

Friday got off to a rocky start as I realized that our tax return, that I had picked up the day before, was incorrect. Early emails to our accountant...got him on the right track. Got away about when I had expected. Had an uneventful drive. Drove straight to Mom's and had a good visit. Sister from Virginia was there. We visited. Then Sister and I drove to Beach Boy's house. She visited for a while then went back to her condo. It was her last night there and she needed to get it cleaned up for her departure.

We ran and ate some supper then settled in for the night. I called Mr. Macho and got the news that our kitchen estimate had arrived in the mail. Let's just say we both suffered a case of sticker shock. (We are slowly accepting the fact that it is going to be expensive.) Mr. Macho was REALLY shocked. I thought I was being realistic, but even I underestimated.

The granddaughters like to sleep with people. So, I had one in my bed Friday night. She only butterfly kicked me once.

Saturday morning we lazed in our pjs until lunch time. After a peanut butter sandwich and a shower, I headed back over to visit Mom and Amanda. The two coast sisters joined us later and we all went to mass together. Amanda opted out of dinner with us since she was leaving for home early Sunday morning. The three of us left and ate at a nice restaurant at the Long Beach harbor. It was delish...panneed flounder with pasta and a good sauce, topped with shrimp and crab meat. Left their good company and headed back to son's house for a good night's sleep.

Up Sunday. Went to church with Beach Boy & family. Then to Mom's for more visit. Sister Mimi joined us for a really good mexican dinner. Spent the whole afternoon just chatting with Mom. It gets hard to leave her these days. Seeing her little face looking out the window at me as I was driving off nearly crushed me.

Beach Boy's girls are something else. I will miss having Millie's warm hug in the morning. She readily says, "I love you" frequently. It melts my heart.

Peyton slept with me again last night, but ended up in her Mom's bed before the night was over.

It was a good ride home until I got to Macon and a big truck threw a rock on my windshield. Ruined an otherwise good trip.

Back to the old routine tomorrow.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment