Monday, March 13, 2017

Obviously I recuperated from the "revenge of the toilet gods". It was bad. My appetite did not return for a week. Every time I ate I felt nauseated. 
One of the first meals I enjoyed after recovering was this grilled banana and peanut butter sandwich. We channeled Elvis. It was one of his favorites. I drizzled ours with honey. 

Easter decorations are in place. 

My March chalk board messages were only slightly behind the 8 ball. 



The Super Carrot looked perfect for her ballet photo shoot. Daughter shared this photo with me. She also shared one of Merritt with her hair in rollers getting ready for the shoot. They were the same rollers my sister had used in high school. Then deeded to me when she no longer used them. Which I used. Then bequeathed them to Daughter. Who used them. And still finds them useful. Three generations using the same set of Clairol hot rollers. Who' have thought it?!

Friday I drove over to pick up 2 of the grandchildren after school. Daughter accompanied Son-in-Law to his doctor's appointment. Some pretty serious electrical issue with his heart. Their appointment was on time and they arrived back home quickly. I took my leave and made a few stops on the way home. First stop. Boiled peanuts. The Peanut Man can be seen on the roadside between here and there many a sunny day. Always on game weekends. I selected the original, salty version. 
Stop number two. Boiled crawfish. In Gordo. And. They were pretty good. Salty and spicy. 
Macho was glad I had picked up supper. 

***
The weekend went too quickly. We leaped forward with all our clocks. Sunday afternoon we took a drive and viewed the local Great American Bald Eagle nest. We actually got to see one of the adult eagles fly in and land. We were not too close and wished we had brought binoculars. But we could make out the head of the juvenile eagle in the nest. That was good enough for us. We had a good visit with Sister Paulette, made a quick trip to replace a desk light, and stopped for a chocolate milk shake ad some pickel-o's on the way home. All in all a good weekend.

Monday has been dreary but I have done laundry and cleaned bathrooms. That is good. Now. On with the week. Classes. Lunches. More classes. And a trip to the coast next weekend. 
Diving right in. 
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment