Thursday, March 2, 2017

In like a lion.

Whew. Not a good start to this month.

Son-in-law was hospitalized with some pretty darn serious heart issues on Tuesday. Tests were run to figure it out. He will be released today...with good/bad news. Good news is there is no significant blockage. Bad news is there IS something the matter that he will see a doctor next week about a course of action. It is an electrical problem. We anxiously await the next step.

Tuesday, when Daughter called to tell me the news, I had planned to go be with her for the heart cath procedure on Wednesday. But. (Someone always has a big but.) I awoke at 3:00 in the morning. At first I thought I was just overly worried about SIL. Until 4:00 when the diarrhea started. Then the vomiting started about an hour later. They both lasted well into the morning. Throwing up is so un-fun. I mean. Really. It is so gross. This morning I still have the basement issues, though not as frequent. But I am popping peto bismal like candy. Smells are hitting me pretty hard. I couldn't even stomach the smell of coffee yesterday morning, and that is one of my most favorite aromas in the wide world. I did keep down a few crackers, water, a cup of mint tea, and about 4 bites of ramen noodles last night. This morning I have had 1.5 pieces of dried toast and half a cup of coffee. I had an errand that I needed to run this morning, and I accomplished that. Stopped by the Piggly Wiggly to pick up bread and bananas...and almost gagged on the smell of cigarette smoke when I walked in.  I have never noticed that smell in there before. I think I am just uber sensitive right now. I did tell my cashier but I don't think she appreciated my comment very much.

The day is cool and gorgeous. Thank goodness for that.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment