Friday, May 12, 2017

Celebrate early.


My week has had moments of busy-ness and then I have had moments of stagnation. Let's look at yesterday, for instance. As soon as Macho left the house and after my morning meditations, I had a quick 2 lap walk around the neighborhood. Then I showered, attended Adoration at church, went to Bible study, met Brenda - our arts & environment guru (I'm helping with decorations for an upcoming reception honoring our outgoing priest), then had to run home in time to meet the bug man for annual termite inspection. 
Whew. Once the termite man left it was early afternoon and I didn't feel like getting any big things started. I felt like the day just stopped. Of course, it didn't. But less than frenzy felt like a stop to me. 

Easter lilies are finally blooming. En masse. 

Mother's Day. Call me a party pooper, but I don't want to eat out on Mother's Day. Nor on Valentine's Day. To comply with my wishes Macho and I celebrated the day at my favorite restaurant last evening. 

We began with mojitos. Mine was strawberry. His was just traditional. I liked mine. Him, not so much. I was a little disappointed that the strawberry martinis were not being served last night. Oh well. Maybe next spring. 


I forgot to snap a picture until I was halfway finish eating my dinner. I ordered the fried soft-shell crab. Macho ate a braised grouper. Both were delish, as were our very fresh salads. The blue cheese dressing was almost as good as I used to make. We went all out and ordered fried cheesecake for dessert. With strawberries on top instead of the pecan/praline topping. Oh. It was good. 
Fully sated, we came home and watched a crappy movie. 
Neither of us could remember the content of our dreams this morning. We both just remember they were crazy. I think it was that movie. Or the mojitos. Who knows?

We are promised a rainy, and possibly stormy, day. I have more things to accomplish. Going to pick out the backsplash for the upcoming kitchen project, of which I have totally lost that loving feeling. I was all up in it back in February...now, eh. I was actually anticipating with excitement 3 months ago. Now? I am kind of dreading it. I'm in the market for a new size crochet hook. My friend, Patricia, has me working on a new project. 
I'm also picking up a couple of marinated steaks to cook on Sunday. 
***
I wish all you mothers a very happy day to celebrate you. 
I wish you breakfast in bed, a clean house, and well behaved children. 
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment