Saturday, May 6, 2017

What happened?

Does nobody blog anymore? I haven't clicked my links in quite a while...but out of curiosity did so today. What did I find? Abandoned blogs. And "nonexistent" messages. Did you give up? Are you quitters? Get with the program.

Yesterday was an atypical supper upper day. I had sunshine in my pocket. Friendly people at the grocery. My good friend lost her grandmother's ring there, only to have one good soul find it and turn it in. With tears in her eyes she declared 'there are still good people in the world'! We hugged joyously right there between the tomatoes and the strawberries with other shoppers looking on. I told her it just made my weekend.

The weather was drizzly and really chilly yesterday morning. I dug out the undershirt and brown boots over the pants with an insulated vest. And it felt good. I had a moment at the grocery when I passed a Santa-look-alike in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and sandals. I stopped. Our eyes met. I said, "We obviously didn't wake up in the same place this morning!" He said, "It isn't that cold." (I am sure he was comparing it to the North Pole.) Well, one of us thought it was.

While pumping my own gas I was approached by a middle eastern looking man that asked me to fill his gas can so he could get home. I said I could do that, just wait until I finish filling up. Once done I God-blessed him and wished him a safe journey home. Then had to go to the cashier for my receipt. An African american lady came up to me and whispered, "That was a good thing you did. But I was watching just to make sure you were safe." I said to her that Jesus comes to us in all forms and fashions. She agreed. Then it struck me as so funny and ironic - a little black lady was watching a little white lady to make sure she was safe from the middle eastern man. I just got the biggest kick out of it. What a hoot life is. 

Macho and I opted to skip the concert in the cold last night. The headliner didn't even start until 9:00. As Daughter reminded me, we aren't in the target demographic any longer. We stayed home and ate chili and drank beer. 

Today has been cloudless. We attended our local Market Street Festival. Macho found a leather belt. I purchased one small pottery vase, two crooked handle spoons, and one festival t-shirt. We ate hamburgers at a local hole-in-the-wall and afterwards piddled around in the local "antique mall". Now we are home. I have dug in the dirt while Macho napped. Now he is washing vehicles and I am washing clothes. Soon we will drink a beer on the porch and call it a day. Life in the fast lane. What can I say? At least I'm still blogging.

Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment