Friday, May 26, 2017

Pomp. And circumstance.

Cue the band...

Lauren (almost 14) received an honor at her middle school's award day!

Class of 2022.


 Tucker (11 tomorrow!) received honors at his elementary school's awards day.
Next year = middle school. 
Class of 2025. 


Peyton (6)  received several kindergarten awards. One was for the best memory!
And. She lost her first tooth on her last day of kindergarten. 
Get ready for this girl first grade!
Class of 2029.

Merritt (5) has finished preschool. She will rule kindergarten. 
She will be the boss. She will be the president. 
She will be the queen!
Just watch.
Class of 2030. 

Cecelia (almost 2) successfully completed her first year of preschool. 
My how she is growing! She is more fun.  Every. Single. Day.


Class of 2032. (I think) 

The end of school is so very bitter sweet. I used to get so attached to the preschool teachers, especially. Somewhere inside me wanted the children to grow up, but the bigger part wanted them to remain preschoolers. 
With every age comes positives and not-so-positives. I do have to say that the end of school never was as hard as sending them back to school in August. I despised end of summer and letting them out of my reach. I was always sad they were another grade older. Even when we dropped them each off at college. I was pretty sad. It was hard. 
Yet. Such is life. Children must grow up. It is the natural order. 

Then the circle of life starts again...and grandchildren! 

***
Here's some of what blooming in my backyard...
Eggplant blossom.

Pumpkin blossom. 

Blue salvia. 

Burgundy chrysanthemums.

Lavender hydrangeas. 

Pink zinnias. 

Pink snap dragons.

And did I tell you that we have little bunnies in our yard? My pet-wild rabbit, Dorothy, is a mom. We saw two little ones yesterday. I have put out lettuce leafs this morning hoping they will eat them. 

I have re-upped my hummingbird feeders today. They are a thirsty little bunch this year. I have already seen a fight or three at the drinking fountain. 

Drama. Always the drama.
Shalom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment