Wednesday, February 1, 2012

And so...

Dad will stay in the hospital a few more days. The staff will get his new meds regulated before they release him. Dr. B agreed last night that it is time for hospice and will write the orders. Today the Sisters have already hired a service.
My brother doctor has given more information about Dad's aging heart. Dad has some chronic lung scarring (fibrosis) underlying the larger problem of aortic valve stenosis (tightening/narrowing). It was brought on by atrial fibrillation/ flutter which caused Dad to decompensate and go into heart failure. The hope is that the new meds will chemically convert him back into a regular heart rhythm. Sounds positive, right? Yea. I thought so, too.

Sisters are rotating shifts being with him and taking care of Mom. They are my heroes this week. I know they are taking loving care of our parents. Just wish I could be there to help relieve the rotation.
A collective sigh of relief from all sibs over the hiring of the hospice service. The issue has been discussed amongst the ranks. It was hinted at and tiptoed around in front of Mom and Dad. And now the doctor has written the order. It is good.  Responsibility for Dad's care will now shift to someone other than Mom.
And at the same time this all feels heavy.
************
Today I started sewing some bloomers for Merritt (who is over 4 months old now). I was really doing great until I realized that I sewed them wrong...had two right sides. Now I have to go rip out the seams and do better tomorrow. It is fixable. I also bought some fabric to make some more of the cute little summer top. And coordinating fabric for the bloomers. Only I forgot to buy the lining fabric. Another trip to the store. Ah well.
Putting the broccoli in the oven now. Roasting it for supper. Along with some baked tilapia. Hope the night is peaceful...weather radio has sounded off a couple of times.
For now. The beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment