Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday art.

Block prints. That is what today's art lesson involved. I am a huge fan of the block print. Today I chose to do simple carvings. Let me see if I can download from my phone camera....




I am amassing a small collection of blocks. It is a very satisfying art form. I like the ladies in my class. Today one of them brought a block that her mother had carved. It was quite intricate and we all ooohed and ahhed over it. 
The Starry Night paintings we all did are on display at the YMCA. Some are very nice. I think I may frame mine and hang it somewhere in the new addition that we are planning. Maybe. 
We only have 3 more art classes this spring. 
Speaking of spring. So many little things are blooming. Already. I even see some little bright green leaves on the flowering pear trees. It is all happening so fast. 
I hope you celebrate February 29th tomorrow. We won't see it again for 4 years. What to do? Hmm. I'll let  you know if any celebrating goes on here. I sure hope it does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment