Monday, February 20, 2012

Won't you be my neighbor?

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. The sun has been my friend today. It made my head lighter.
Saturday was dreary, as predicted. I did get the promised dish rags going. Mr. Macho and I had a nice dinner out. We made a quick trip to the store and picked up the movie "The Book of Eli". We had watched it before but wanted to watch it again. It was inexpensive. It was just as interesting the second time around. I dreamed about it that night.
Yesterday Daughter and her chickies came over for a visit. Son in town and his family came over, too. We were almost at capacity. It was fun. I loved that granddaughter, Lauren (8), thought to call and let me know they were home safe. And to talk.
While I was waiting on my oil to be changed this morning at the car place I worked on the mulit-colored ripple afghan that I started several weeks ago. It reignited my crochet fire. Now I am working on a purple baby hat, too. And I finished several dish rags. And cut out a skirt pattern. After I went grocery shopping.
I finally bit the bullet and ordered some dance shoes for us. Mr. Macho keeps threatening to quit. Then the cute teacher asks if we will be here next month and he says yes. So. Now we will have shoes. After lasts week's lesson my feet were in pain. Three hours of standing didn't do them any favors. Tonight I will find time to sit in between dances. And stretch some more. And wait for my new shoes. That will make my feet feel better. I just know they will.
My spare bedrooms are taking on the sewing explosion look, again. I will have to clean that up before I go on my sister weekend. But the house won't get cleaned. Until I get back.
Tomorrow is Mardi Gras. Wednesday begins the Lenten season. For years I have given up sweets. I will do that again. All sweets. I also try to focus on some proactive behavior that I can improve upon during Lent. I don't know, yet, quite what it will be. Not sure I will even tell you when I do decide. I have to ponder on it. I'll get back to you.
Anyway, here are the dish rags I crocheted....


I wish you a Happy Mardi Gras. Le bon temps roule!

No comments:

Post a Comment