Friday, February 17, 2012

Up and at 'em.

I caught the stomach bug. I didn't intend to, it just happened. My art teacher was recovering Tuesday morning...Wednesday night at exactly 9:30 the bug found me. I could write some really gross stuff right here. Suffice it to say - it was all that and more. The bug, that is. During the night - after an "episode" I literally fell to the floor. It wasn't that I passed out, I was just so week from all the yuk that I just dropped down when I was on my way back to the bed from the bathroom. I just laid there for a few minutes until I had the energy to get back up and into the bed.
I spent all day long on the sofa yesterday. No lights. No sleep. No food. No fun.
Today I have "residuals". I am well enough to talk on skype. Well enough to do some laundry. In a little while I am going to shower and get my paintings to the frame shop. And come right back home for fear of relapse. Food still seems pretty yucky to me right now.

Dad news: The medical supply company has changed Dad's mattress twice this week. We hope this second time will be one that is more comfortable for him. Ava, the daytime care giver, is working out wonderfully well. Her friend, Marie, is the weekly night time care giver - and is also pretty terrific. Resha is the night time weekend care giver. We all like her. She stays in the room with Dad...even sleeping on the floor. One more person will be added to the entourage. A weekend day time person. We will find out who that is tomorrow. I hope she is a good fit for Dad, too.
There is really no change in Dad. A nurse's aide comes three times a week to bathe Dad and change his sheets. A nurse will come once a week and assess Dad.
Next weekend is the sister weekend. I am having a hard time gearing up for it. Not really in a party mood.
And the beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment