Monday, May 13, 2013

In the quiet.

The house is too quiet this morning. It is all good. I can sit here and feel the warmth left over from the weekend. Last night felt very cool and made it a bit harder to get out from under the covers this morning. Alarm clock sang us awake and the day called me forth. And. Here I am.

Saturday was a good work day. Rain had been predicted and it threatened on and off most of the day. Mr. Macho and I drove over to his Dad's house early. His yard needed some TLC. Between the two of us we trimmed bushes, pulled weeds, cut down small trees growing in beds, ran the weed eater, hauled  the refuse to the burn pile, pulled vines off walls...ran to town to pick up some Wendy burgers, and then more pulling, cutting, weeding, and hauling. Worn out we returned home. Mr. Macho washed his company truck. I fiddled with some weeds in the back yard before giving up and just helped wash the truck by squirting off the suds. Then it was porch sitting time. And finally we heard about a dozen drops of rain as we sat and enjoyed our beverages. Mother Nature was feeling a bit cooperative that day.

Sunday was, indeed, a Happy Mother's Day. Mr. Macho even remembered to wish me a HMD. Early. Before any prompting. Each of my children added to the joy of my day. They called and came over and brought flowers and grandchildren and it was noisy. And we ate and we did cheers on the screened porch and we picked flowers and we played hide and seek. And I loved it. All those shmarmy, gooey, sentimental things they write about motherhood? They are true. And it goes by in the blink of an eye. And I am so proud. And I am so thankful.

 I was able to talk to myveryown Mom. Not once. But twice. That made both of us happy.

*****

Son-in-town and his sweet wife found out on Thursday that their baby, due in September, is a girl. Sweet Pea is going to have a little sister to love and play with. We are pleased beyond measure. And now we can say 'she' when we talk about the baby. She is more real now. She is a sister. A daughter. A granddaughter. Her parents will negotiate over names for many weeks. Un-welcomed name suggestions will be forthcoming. From me.

****
This week = bizzy! Much to do. Gearing up for wedding showers and birthdays and dance functions and more. Dentist appointment this week. Food festival next Sunday. Saturday night dinner with friends. I look forward to it all.

I hope you have some fun plans for the week. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment