Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thought it was the allergies early last week. By week's end it manifested as a full blown sinus infection. Complete with multicolored yuckiness. Drove east to visit Daughter and make a Sam's run. By early afternoon I felt zombie-esque. Mouth breathing.
Mr. Macho went to help cut his Dad's yard yesterday and I only did one or two things. In the afternoon I let Bob Ross lull me into a stupor that actually revived me a bit. Enough to travel into town and pick out a suit to be ordered for Mr. Macho. Hope it gets in and altered before all the wedding festivities of the nephew commence. Yesterday we also dropped by the Sears so Mr. Macho could order a new weed eater. He also invested in a new self propelled lawn mower this week. We should be set for a while. Good to go. And mow.
Weekend weather is most agreeable. Wish I felt perkier to enjoy it.
I put ribs in the oven yesterday. I thought we would finish them on the grill. But Mr. Macho didn't much feel like it after all the yard work - his Dad's and some in our very own yard. And I think the shopping is what did him in. Always does. Can work like a trojan from dawn 'til dusk. Five minutes of shopping and he's down for the count.
Anyway. Ribs are on again for today. No way to cook a small amount of ribs. So I froze two meals' worth and am warming some for dinner right now.
***
Tomorrow we will celebrate Memorial Day with a dance/cookout with friends. That will make the work week short. Nephew's tool shower slated for next Saturday. We have kept it simple. Prep will not be difficult. Should be fun.
***
T-Bone (Tucker) has a birthday tomorrow. Seven. Seven years ago I was present for his birth. I spent the night before at Daughter's house. She and Son-in-law rose early and drove to the hospital. I stayed with Lauren until Son-in-town and his wife arrived to babysit. Then I joined the birthing pair at the hospital. It was an induction. Labor. Labor. Father to be and I ate Chinese for lunch.  More labor. Late afternoon and it was time. The doctor came in. Pushing and anticipation. 6:29 pm. Birth. Gray baby. Not breathing. No panic. Within seconds the room was filled with medical professionals. Nurses pumped breath into baby and he pinked up right away. It all happened so fast and so smoothly that it was over before I realized something was really amiss. And Tucker was fine. And now Tucker is going to be seven. A second grader next school year. Sending Tucker my best Nanny love on his birthday. You are a great guy. Happy, happy birthday.
Trying to figure how to share a song for you. I will do it in a separate post...but it is for you, Tucker.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment