Saturday, May 18, 2013

Roller coaster.

A dear, dear friend died last night (Wednesday night). I am in charge of the funeral repast. I can not even express how moved and please I am with the response from my church family. Don and his wife, Ruby, are so loved by all those that know them.
***
I started this post on Thursday and got side tracked. So here I am. Saturday. The funeral is over. The meal has been served. I am depleted of energy but full to the brim with the wonder of how so many people came together to feed Ruby and her family. Not just literally, but emotionally, too.
Two days ago I said to myself, "48 hours. And I will have a moment that I can breath and feel accomplishment." I had that moment. In the church kitchen surrounded by ladies that worked hard to make a comforting meal for Ruby's family. Surrounded by love in action. Surrounded by church family. I felt gratitude and job well done and satisfaction. Being needed is a good feeling. And these last three days - that is what I have experienced.
***
Tonight Mr. Macho and I will travel west to our friends, Jodi and Lee's, house and let them take care of us. It's the circle of life. So many days we are either taking care of or being taken care of. Rare that this happened in the same day. It clicks into place in my heart. I loved helping with the meal. I need Jodi to feed me. Then tomorrow? I'll do it some more.
Carry on Warrior. And that's what I am doing.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment