Friday, May 10, 2013

You snooze. You lose.

I was in the mood for shopping today. I was going to drive east because I had a 35% off my total purchase coupon. 35% off is a really good coupon! But the rain came. And I forgot to take Mimi's mirror into town to Paulette yesterday. Mimi forgot it when she left last weekend. Paulette is driving down today and can get it to her. And. Son-in-town needed me to arrange for the birthday cake. Tomorrow is his sweet wife's birthday. We are all going out to eat tonight.
So. I tried to shop the Coldwater Creek coupon online. Only it kept denying the code. I even 'chatted' with a live person. She gave me another code. Her code didn't work, either. She told me to go ahead and order and then call and then they would reimburse me and then I would be p.o.'d and then I wouldn't want to shop there anymore. And then. And then. 
So. I dropped the mirror off at Paulette's office. I secured the birthday cake and delivered it unto the restaurant of choice. I shopped at our local Belk's. I had a 20% off coupon there. Instead of the three pair of pants that I had tried to purchase at CC I ended up with two pair of crop pants, a pair of bermuda shorts, two pair of sandals, and an aluminum serving tray. For about the same price. And I didn't leave town. And I didn't have to buy lunch. And. And. It is a good day. And I am not p.o.'d.

Coldwater Creek, you missed out.

***

To my Mom: 
Thanks, Mom. You did the very best job you could do. With all nine of us. As an adult I have come to realize that you aren't perfect. But you are pretty darn close. I hope that my children will forgive me for not being perfect, too.
She is such a sport. Even at 92.

On the occasion of her 90th birthday. 

 Being a Mom is the best and hardest vocation in the wide world. I can only say that I feel a measure of success as evidenced by the three greatest children in the universe. They are grown up children now. But always my children. My breath. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment