Sunday, July 28, 2013

Eat, pray, love.

Ah. Am back from a week of good karma at Mimi's.  Fed my body. Fed my soul. Fed my heart. Visited with sisters, Mother, brother, aunts, nieces, great nieces and nephew. Art shopping, bridge walking, and porch sitting highlighted the week. 

EAT.

On arrival, Ben and Mimi were in the throws of boiling the shrimps. Yup. Delish. Along with the potatoes, corn, garlic, mushrooms, and brussel sprouts thrown in the pot. 

Monday we shopped in Ocean Springs. I picked out several Walter Anderson prints. Also found a sea glass necklace that I have been coveting most of this summer. I thanked Mr. Macho for the early anniversary present. He is off the hook. We ate at Martha's Tea room and both enjoyed the salad sampler plate. Home made wheat bread was on the side. And. We shared a lemon cake with lemon cream filling for dessert. 

 Tuesday night we ate at Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge in Pass Christian. Fun atmosphere. Much family gathered there - Pete, Kaye, Marsha, Mimi, Allison, Oliver, and me. Mimi had the fried flounder. She shared a bite. I liked it. She said she wouldn't order it again because of the bones. Such a shame. 
(A: Never buy gribenes from a moyle...)

I had the artichoke tortellini with marinara. It was good. But. (Frequently I have a big but.) The artichoke had a funny taste. It may be that I don't like the combination of tomato and artichoke. I can't put my finger on it. I ate most of if. But I, too, would not order this dish again. 

Wednesday. Shopped in Old Town Bay St. Louis. Found a nice water color by Joy Lyons, a local artist. Ate at Trapani's. Had the fried soft shell crab with Bay St. Louis sauce and pasta. Ate every bite of the crab. Left some of the pasta. And the bread. To alleviate my over eating guilt. But mmm. Twas the bomb. 

I have this out of order. I think it was Thursday when we dropped by and picked up sushi at Rouse's. Good selection. Love the soy sauce with wasabi and ginger combo. It is heaven in my mouth. 

PRAY.

Went to church at Holy Family Parish in Pass Christian on Sunday. They are a combined parish since after the storm and are in the process of building a new sanctuary. The deacon is a former restauranteur and did a smack job on the homily. Even during prayer it was about hospitality and food last week. 

LOVE.

While Mimi worked on Tuesday and Thursday I spent both days with Mom. It is a joy and pleasure to be with her. It is just being in her presence that I cherish. We did nothing exciting nor extraordinary. We went to a few stores and shared lunches. And meaningful conversation. I love my Mom. 
She is extraordinary. 

Mimi and I walked the span and back of the Bay bridge early Wednesday morning. The weather cooperated...stayed cloudy with a breeze. It is almost a five mile walk. We felt very buff. Later in the morning Mimi's daughter and grandson accompanied us on a shopping/lunch expedition to Bay St. Louis. It was a great day. The great nephew was, well, great. He is so fine. And those cheeks. You could just chew on them. He is so juicy.

Friday morning we took to the water. Visited one of Mimi's local water holes and burned a few calories while we enjoyed ourselves. Swimming relaxes my muscles. It is not like working at exercising. It sort of fools your body. You think you are having fun. You are having fun. Only you are burning the calories and using the muscles, too. See? 

Had a nice visit with Mom and her sisters in the afternoon. Aunt Nanette is visiting and staying with Aunt Jeanne while her daughter builds an addition for her. These ladies are quite the characters. Full of life and fun.

Aunt Bobbye, me, and Mom. Mom is the oldest in her family. She will be 93 in September. 
All four are the incredible shrinking women. Aunt Jeanne used to be rather tall. Not any longer. I think Aunt Bobbye is under five feet now. Mom isn't much taller. 

My brother, Doctor Bubba. Full of bologna. Always. 

Friday evening Marsha and her granddaughter, Elise Claire, joined us for some appetizers on the deck of Wolfe's in the Pass. Elise Claire is a pleasure to be around. If it weren't for the flies it would have been near perfect. 

That wrapped up my week. Saturday, after coffee on the porch, I loaded up and headed north. Had a nice but too short visit and lunch with Out of Town Son on my way home. 
Mr. Macho arrived before I did yesterday. He got some yard work done before I got home. Sweet Pea joined us for some fast food and "The Bee Movie" last night while her parents celebrated another year of married bliss. 

Being out of town and just not thinking about the every-day-things for a week was a treat. I am ready to tackle whatever comes my way this next week. 
Bring it on.


This one is for A,B, and C. 
Raise your hand if you want to go to the shark head store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment