Monday, July 15, 2013

Rainy days and Mondays.

It is both. Monday. And rainy. I am thankful that the rain was not the deluge variety. Our dirt is in tact. Whew. 

I am feeling productive this day. Many little tasks are accomplished. Work out at the gym, clothes washed, few rooms vacuumed, dishes cleared and cleaned, soup in the pot, one toilet cleaned. I know. Randomness. Unorganized cleaning today. But cleaning nonetheless. 

Middle of the day I thought about an old set of photos of Mr. Macho and our youngest child. I had them together somewhere. Together because there is a striking resemblance between Mr. Macho and his third child, now grown.  Especially in this set of photos. I began the search and two hours later still had not found them. I gave a cursory look in every album and box of photos. I looked in drawers that I thought made sense to stash photos in. I gave up. Then I looked in some more drawers. Then I stopped to put the soup together. I despise loosing anything. Really despise it. I am fairly organized. It makes me a little crazy to not find something. Then I decided to go through each album page by page. First album was a no. Second album = no.  It was the third album that produced the relief. Out of Town Son is reaching for something on a dresser in his picture. The snap of Mr. Macho was taken about the same age - he is sporting the overalls. 
In person the resemblance is really uncanny. Same face. Same hair. Same expression. Same cutie-pie-ness.

This is my volunteer tomato. Came up from some compost we mulched in the garden last fall. Until today I thought the plant would only produce the one fruit. 

But he has two little sisters hanging out! And more blossoms all over. 

***
I just can't tell you how much better my day is because I found the photographs. Did I tell you how I despise loosing things? I did? Oh. Well. I do.

*****
No dance class tonight. Our teacher and fellow students are at a dance camp this week. I would be feeling all sorry for myself but I think my back would not hold up to an ENTIRE week of dance. It is way better than it was. Just don't want to press my luck. 

This July month is on the downhill side now. Mere weeks until our new grandbaby is due. More adventures to seek out. In the mean time. Hoping to go on some escapades here pretty soon. Lots to look forward to. 
*
The carrots await my chopping. Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment