Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday, strip the bed day.

Slowly I am morphing back into my routine. Went to the gym yesterday morning. Served at the soup kitchen, as I do most first Mondays of the month. Mr. Macho and I had our dance lesson last night. By the time I did all that plus a little grocery shopping, clearing mail from last week, paying bills, and general settling things back into their niche - I was wo' out. Again. My back started talking to me before dance class. And it got louder as the night wore on. When we got home from dance I laid on the sofa and fell almost immediately to sleep. 
So did I take it easy today? No. I swam 22 laps in the pool this morning. I have vaccumed, stripped beds, put clean sheets on, washed and folded 4 (or was it 5?) big loads of laundry,  refilled my hummingbird feeders, and other stuff. Mr. Macho came home early because he had an annual check up at the doctor's office. When he left my back locked up again. I have decided to follow a medication regimen for the next 24 hours and see if I can get the inflammation down. 

Detritus from my beach bag. Sunscreen, aloe lotion, goggles, $1.50 flashlight, plastic bags, Box Tops for Education from cereal boxes, and a trashy book. What more do you need at the beach?

Our condo had codes to get in the gate and get in the room. My children will love that I have included, "hash tag two five eight oh" to my ramblings. Because that is how I roll. I am hip. 
***
Today we got more dirt. No. Literally. Dirt. A dump truck full. We got some last year and a good bit washed down to the back property line. This year we have a little grass and some new-to-us sod that should help hold it in place. I just wish I could help spread it out. No can do. 
*****
Off to the beee-oooty parlor tomorrow. And to pick up a few more groceries to help us celebrate the Fourth of July. With family and friend. I have to admit that I would love to have a place close by to view a fireworks show. When I was growing up we just walked through Granny's yard, crossed Highway 90, and sat on the sea wall. Fireworks were shot near the harbor and we had the best seat in the house. Not so here. I would have to drive across town, fight traffic, bring my own chairs, and then reverse it all to get home. Not so much fun. So. We will pass a peaceful Fourth with barbecue chicken with all the fixin's and good people around us. 
*******
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment