Sunday, March 16, 2014

A quick trip and a phone dump.

Lent started well over a week ago...and I have already dropped the ball and picked it up again. Yes, I ate some chocolate under extenuating circumstances...will explain later.

Ash Wednesday.

Do I need to explain this one?

Sweet Pea and her new repertoire of funny faces.


Quick trip to the Coast included taking Mom for a Reuben at the local billiards establishment. 

Friday night we dined at the PC Yacht Club. Brother, Dr. Bubba, and his youngest along with Aunt Mimi and her oldest. Good company. Fabulous sunset. 

Sister Amanda. Another niece. 

The sunset over Pass Christian Harbor. 

Saturday we ventured to Pirates Cove for some fried oysters and shrimp. 

These are my surrounding siblings (minus Uncle Pete). These are the people I grew up with. These are my homies. Look how pretty Mom looks! Yes. She is 93. And virtually deaf. Ellen Degeneres has nothing on us! We can do "selfies", too. 

After Mass we all converged on Uncle Pete's house. Saturday morning he had worked away making a special chocolate surprise. It was Mexican Pots de Creme. I decided to not hurt his feelings (wink, wink) and eat it. It was divine. Now I am back on the Lent wagon. No more sweets. Mea culpa. 

***
I am grateful that the rain subsided as I was leaving Mimi's house this morning. Once I hit the highway it was smooth sailing. Much better, actually, than the rainy drive down. Then, I passed the aftermath of three different accidents where rain caused cars to slide off the road...and into a tree on one occasion. 

*****
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. I will help bury one of my bunko ladies in the morning. I am sad at her passing. She was a dependable lady. A bit of a bohemian, an artist. Rest in peace, Judith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment