Sunday, March 2, 2014

No luck for us.

That's right. We did not come home from the party $10,000 richer last night. We did come home tired, full, and happy that we got to participate in lots-o-dances. The band was loud and played mostly country music, not our genre. But. They played it well.  I jumped in and did several line dances with the other girls and a random man or two. Mr. Macho doesn't do the line dance. But, he did acquiesce and stopped into the Sonic for a quick milk shake on the way home. We were in bed before midnight. And got up feeling like who-done-it this morning. We are not such badasses any more. I don't think we ever were, really. We can't hang. We are into the "less beer, more sleep" days of our lives.

We are off to the movies this afternoon. Mr. Macho wants to see "Monument Men". I am on board 'cause I just like going to the movies. Maybe tonight we will watch the Oscars. Maybe.

This week we'll see Mardi Gras come and go. Not celebrated in my neck of the woods. Then Ash Wednesday. And Lent. It is a solemn feeling season, Lent. It is a regrouping, focusing time. For me.

Gotta run. I hear Mr. Macho moving around. Almost time to head to the movies.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment