Friday, March 7, 2014

"I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you! Thank you! Sam-I-am!"

After Bible study yesterday some of "my girls" and I tried out a new restaurant. New in town. New to us. Tandoori Oven. Let me preempt: I have previously avoided curried foods thinking I do not like them. To me curry = Indian foods. And so, the avoid. But. Yesterday I wanted the adventure of trying something new. And I liked it!! I can not name the things I ate. It was all yummy. Three different chicken dishes, a lamb dish, something called "pickles" (with lemon, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, and hot chili peppers), rice, a hot mint condiment, and more. I will go back.

Yesterday afternoon I attended my first official Garden Club meeting. This is another adventure. Our program yesterday was about growing herbs. I look forward to participating in community projects.

Best news of the day: Daughter heard from her transplant coordinator. Her donee is doing well. He is a young man with some type of blood disease. He has left the hospital already and shows no sign of Graft vs Host Disease. She donated late in January.

Today Daughter travels with her sister-friends to the funeral of April. The girl that inspired her stem cell donation. This circle of life is presenting Daughter with highs and lows in short order this week.

More adventures to lean into today. Go out and find yours.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment