Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday.

Lent has arrived. This year I am adding another Lenten task to my repertoire. My repertoire has heretofore only included giving up sweets for Lent. All sweets. Well, and last year I gave up facebook for Lent. So now...after hearing a friend say that one Lent she tried to give up saying negative things about others, I am inspired to give it a try. On this first day I feel like I have already discovered something profound. Not only do I need to stop negative comments, I need to stop negative thoughts. To stop negative thoughts about others I need to think kind thoughts about others. So far, so good. But. It is only the first day. I know I will fail at some point. Blurt out some ugly tirade. But I can start again. And. I will. I am not aiming for perfect. I am aiming for improvement. In my thoughts, words, and deeds.

Be sweet.






No comments:

Post a Comment