Monday, March 3, 2014

Waiting for spring.

The cold is back. If only temporarily.

Via facebook I learned this morning that my Daughter's friend is dying. She is the catalyst and inspiration that gave Daughter the momentum to donate her stem cells. April has been fighting leukemia for a couple of years. She shared her pains and struggles with us all. Last night her husband posted that her kidneys were failing.

I know she will be free from her pain and suffering. She had the bone marrow transplant last year. Hope for her was transplanted into us all as the marrow kept her alive for this while longer. Her pain multiplied and the last few months have been a prison of pain for her. I joined the ranks of her prayer warriors last year. My Thursday morning Bible study group added her to their bigger list. In three weeks we have mourned the passing of three people that I added to that list.

I must find the eucharist, the thanksgiving, in this? I must find the thanksgiving in this. I am thankful that there are many, many friends to comfort her husband and children right now. Thank you, God. I am giving thanks that today my family is healthy. Thank you, God.  I am thankful that Daughter gave her very life blood to give someone else the chance to live. Thank you, God. Please God protect that young man that has my Daughter's stems cells in his body.

As I look out my back door this morning I am witness to dark clouds. I am witness to bare trees. Cold has infected the window pane. And I know. I know spring will come. I long for the spring. Buds. And leaves. And even the pollen. And flowers. Please God bring on the flowers.

And. Thank you, God, for the flowers. And thank you, God, for the hope of a greater love beyond all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment