Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So sorry.

Have I failed my audience? I apologize to all you fans sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting for my next thrilling post. I guess I have been feeling a little sluggish in the writing department.

Since getting back from the coast I have had some busy, full days. Full of trivial pursuits. I must say that I have been enjoying myself, what - with spring here and all. Mr. Macho has been working in over drive... all of last week and into this one. I have had to attend dance class by myownself for two weeks in a row. I am loving the West Coast Swing. And. The waltz. Love the waltz. Leg intensive work out, for sure. But oh so pretty.

Last weekend we enjoyed good weather. We took several walks around the neighborhood. We visited with Son-in-Town and his family. We took a nice Sunday drive and visited all the local truck dealerships for an overdose of sticker shock. Yikes. I don't think I have mentioned that Mr. Macho had a fender bender while I was away. His personal truck is in hospital.

Have also been bizzy crocheting my little fingers to the bone. Have completed my big granny square afghan that I've been working on for a few months. Will post photo below. Currently I am working on three more afghans. Two baby ones. One scrap afghan.

Am trying to keep up with the house work between my social engagements. Yesterday, after I babysat, dropped off a gift, had my inspection sticker updated, I enjoyed three episode of Downton Abbey at my girlfriend's home theater. We are all the way up to about the third episode in season 3. Today I'm going to substitute at a bunko party. Friday Daughter and family will arrive for a fun spend the night/movie party. We will be viewing "Frozen". Fun times, man.

I had to pamper my little MKL, Jr. potted cactus and bring them back inside last night to save them from the deep freezer that was brought in by gusty winds yesterday. Not to worry. Temps will quickly recuperate to our spring time comfort level today and for the rest of the week. I do not think we are finished with the cold, yet. Sweaters will not be boxed up until May this year. Maybe.

***
Humpty. Dumpty. 
Or. Hump day. Dump day.

I have really cool friends. They were rock stars at the Elton John concert last week. All the young people wanted to take their picture with them. 

Friday was World Down Syndrome Day. My hair dresser asked friends to dress in blue in honor and support of her son, Ethan, who just happens to have an extra 21st chromosome. So I rocked it. I felt like I celebrated WDSD all day long. I posted this pic, along with another Instagram snap of socks - because the official theme was "Lots of socks". Because. Socks, like chromosomes, usually come in pairs. I liked and posted several feel good videos concerning Down Syndrome on my Facebook page on Friday. Viva la difference! 
See the extra chromosome?


Last Friday these 5 deer were spotted on my way into town. A very populated area. 
Also, note the flowering pear trees in the back ground. Every single pear tree in town was in full and gorgeous bloom last week. Peek week. It was exceptional. Vivid. Commented on by many. Alas. Snow-like petals fell over the weekend. Rain, wind, and new green leaves sprouting have lessened the bright white effect. 

Only one more task to complete on this afghan. On the backside there are loose ends. With an embroidery needle I will weave them in. Not sure if I will keep it or give it away. 

These are three of the babies that I sit on. Tuesday mornings. Thank heavens the mother of the twins color codes their shoes so that we can tell them apart. 
*****
I got my snack made last night. For the bunko today. Popcorn. Crushed Oreos. Melted almond bark. Mix. Cool. Break up. Serve. Enjoy. 
Easy peasy. 

Exercise and dirty laundry await me.
Peace.
Be sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment