Monday, July 21, 2014

Lazy Sunday.

Time. It is what I have plenty of right now. And I am wasting lots of it. Doing nothing. Thanks alot to my back.
MRI results last Monday were no surprise: bulging disc plus arthritis add up to a pinched sciatic nerve. Physical therapy started Monday. It. Is. Torture. Two of the days I have come off the table so light headed. I don't know if it is from the pain or the fact that I may be hyperventilating trying to breath through the pain.
A series of three epidural spinal steroid shots will start August 5, with two week intervals between shots. Three weeks to wait for the first shot seemed like an eternity. Now it is down to almost two weeks. Please let them go quickly.
My life seems to be on hold. Social activities are zero. Our dancing lessons are out. Shopping, even of the grocery variety, are relegated to very short trips. Exercising is sporadic. But. My reading is at an all time high. One book right after another.
***
And now it is Monday. Didn't post yet because I wasn't finished and I thought everything I wrote yesterday sounded boring and whiny. So I just saved it until this morning thinking that I might delete it since  mornings are most always better than evenings in this little part of my adventure journey. I won't delete for the sake of full disclosure.

Good things right now:
1. The weather has been unusually awesome for about a week now. In the 60's when we wake up and not past the 80's for highs. It won't last, but it has been wonder-full.
2. Getting out of bed is slightly less painful. I have taken to setting the breakfast table, putting out the cereal, and getting the coffee ready the night before.
3. I am walking straighter.
4. I can do hard things.
5. Love wins.

Yes. I stole the last two things from Glennon Doyle Melton. I read her book and check her blog out now and then. It perks me up no end to just say those two things. So I do. You can steal them from me, if you want to.

Today I hope to do something that makes me feel like a rock star. Perhaps I will finish PT and not feel like passing out. Maybe I will wash and fold a load of clothes easily. If I dust the baseboards in one room, I will rock out!! Probably won't be all three, though.

Small things. Being nice. That is where I find my groove.
Rock on people.
Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment