Friday, July 25, 2014

Torture chamber.

Geez. It has been a rough week. After the physical therapy on Monday my right side pain grew intolerable. And. My leg and foot got numb. And have stayed numb for the better part of the week. Yesterday I had the PT in the afternoon. A different therapist worked my right side until my ears and head were ringing, I broke out in a sweat, and my glasses fogged up. I produced a low moan throughout her manipulations. It. Was. Grueling. When she worked on my back she said I had "baso motor response" - I asked her to repeat it 3 or 4 times so I would remember it. But. I now think she was saying "vasomotor response". When she began massaging the back area my skin quickly became red and warm. It means the muscles were extremely tight.

I feel like it is a bit of a vicious cycle. I am compensating for the pain and adjusting the way I stand and walk. And because of the adjusting it causes more pain. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? I don't know. Was I so off balance to begin with and that caused the disc to bulge? If horses wear shoes, do they wear socks? (A movie reference for my children. Ten points if you can name the movie.)

I am slightly better this morning. I think the therapist helped. And. I got better pain meds. The combination is making it a little less painful to put weight on the right foot. I slept better, too. Still don't think I am up to doing any long standing. If I am feeling okay I might run up to the Piggly Wiggly today for apples and milk. Walmart is out. Mr. Macho offered to take me and let me ride the scooter at the Walmart. No thank you. I would feel weird doing that. I think people would look at me funny. I don't look like I need to be riding a scooter. Do I? Only when I walk.

We woke to temps in the 60's this morning. Heaven sent. Almost August - in the deep south! It is delicious to sit on the back porch with these temps. The weekend holds promise. Mr. Macho will spend hours cutting his Dad's grass. I think I am going to cook some ribs in my roaster. Will have to do a little research and find some good movies to watch. Am reading an interesting book - "The Fall of the House of Zeus" by Curtis Wilkie. Nonfiction.

Will let you know what adventures we find.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment