Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday. Strip the bed day.

You read it right. My kids know what I'm talkin' 'bout. In this house clean sheets are put on beds every Tuesday. When the kids were growing up every day held it's own meaning. Each day had an assignment. Monday: back to school day. Tuesday: strip the bed day. Wednesday: hump day. Thursday: grocery shopping day. Friday: TGIF.

And so. Today last week's sheets are in the dryer and the clean sheets are sitting on the bed waiting to be applied. Clean towels are in the bathrooms.

It is a good day. I swam 15 laps at the Y this morning. I am going to meet some girlfriends for lunch. Then I plan to be worn out for the rest of the day. I bought fresh eggs this morning. I think there will be some sort of eggs served for supper tonight. Cheesy eggs with salsa. Maybe?

I sat on the back porch this morning and just absorbed the good air. Distant vehicles and birds were all I heard. I have plans to purchase some new pieces of furniture from Lowe's this week. I clipped a picture from a late spring ad that Lowe's ran. Knowing that end of summer sales might make me decide to buy. I have held on to the clipped ad and looked at it all summer. It was originally way too pricey for me.  Well, the set is at 1/2 price. I'll let you know...might even post a picture. If it comes home with me soon.

I rediscovered two summer shirts yesterday. I haven't bought any clothes this summer. Mostly because I haven't felt good enough to shop. It was good to find the two items that I haven't worn this season, yet. I have a couple of crochet projects that are on hold until I feel like shopping for the need yarn.

One week from today = first miracle shot. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments: