Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday, not much fun day.

The dreaded stomach bug hit me with a vengeance on Friday night. It knocked me down for the count. It was sudden and powerful. It made me so dizzy that I had to lay on the floor for the better part of Friday evening. When Mr. Macho had gotten home from work I was fine. We talked about picking up some sandwiches for supper and maybe watching a movie.  Mr. Macho left for the gym to work out. Things changed abruptly. Before I knew what was happening I was getting sick in the bathroom and could hardly function. It felt like I was looking through a kaleidoscope - things spinning very fast.  I managed to get the phone and a phone book and called over to the Y. I think I may have scared the girl that answered the phone. I just told her who I was and that I wasn't feeling well and I needed for him to come home. I really thought something was wrong because it hit so hard and so fast.

I couldn't take any of the pain meds/muscle relaxers that I have been taking for the back/leg issues on Friday night and most of Saturday. I was much better when I woke up Saturday morning but had no appetite until late in the day. Finally ate some supper and then could take the meds. Needless to say, today is lots better than yesterday.

Due to the bug - my seeking adventure was curtailed. Mr. Macho helped me grocery shop this morning. I really appreciated that. Now I just have to make through three physical therapies and another week + two days and I will get the first epidural shot for my back. I am banking on that being completely successful.

On the way to the grocery shopping this morning we passed the new Hobby Lobby store that is about to open. I. Can. Hardly. Wait! Right here in my very own town. This will be my happy thought that gets me through the week.

I did veer from the norm today and we ate fried chicken for brunch. Grocery store fried chicken. It was good and not greasy. We each bought a small container of ice cream at the store and we both enjoyed that for snack. I picked moose track ice cream. He selected natural chocolate. I am surprised he didn't pick vanilla. Natural chocolate is like way out there, for him.

I am going to dive into this week like I own it.


No comments:

Post a Comment