Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The skinny....

Okay. So here it is. I visited with the physician's assistant at the local orthopedic office Monday. After they took the x-rays here is what he said: arthritis in lumbar region of my back and sciatic nerve issues. Duh. I knew that. Only I though my arthritis was just the normal 57 year old backs. Not the case. It appears that my arthritis is more advanced than the average 57 year old. (Boy am I  proud.) I mean, here is something I can brag about....mine is worse than average!

Then. That office scheduled an MRI for today. I was all, "You don't know my insurance company! Two years ago they wanted me to wait 8 weeks for approval when I had this nasty little breast lump." I guess everything was approved because here I sit post-MRI typing out this all absorbing information on this little blog spot.

The MRI was not as horrifically scary as I thought it would be. I can tend to be slightly claustrophobic. So I just shut my eyes and let the technician, Robert, put the headphones on me. Tuned into the oldies station and kept my eyes closed the en-tire time I was in the tube. Yes. I said tube. Worst part: keeping still while my back and leg were excruciating. Every second I thought I would have to adjust myself. I tried to conjure any relaxing thoughts that were out there. And. Then it was over. I got to wear really cool XXL paper clothes for the MRI. Tres' chic.

I changed. Limped out to my car. Laid my head on the steering wheel until my breathing returned to normal. Drove home. Mr. Macho is at the gym. I am about to look for one more ounce of energy so I can put together the reuben sandwiches for supper.

Just another day in the life.

Be sweet.

1 comment:

  1. you and Lauren can compare note. except she was knocked out for hers. Skype me this morning. will be at home.

    ReplyDelete