Thursday, August 21, 2014

Another shot and a postponed vacay.

Tuesday was shot #2. Epidural steroid. Wednesday dawned and I really felt better. I was standing up straight and walking pretty comfortably. Alas, it was the post shot glow that they warn about in the paper work. It doesn't last. By the afternoon the old leg was pinging again. Add to that the other after-effect, sleeplessness, and today might end up being a hot mess. I did my physical therapy this morning. So far, so good. I am doing okay. Better than a few weeks ago. Not as good as I want to be feeling.

Insult to injury = I made the decision to postpone the trip to New Mexico I have been looking forward to all year long. I just now cancelled the hotels that I had already booked. We were going to see the Albuquerque balloon festival, spend a couple of nights in Santa Fe, go on to Angel Fire for a couple of nights, then back to Albuquerque. In a nutshell, I would rather be here feeling fine and sorry that we didn't go than be there wishing I hadn't traveled. It is easier to feel miserable at home. I am hoping that by October I will be fine. I just can not see what the next two months will bring. And so. It is sad. I am sad.

What next? Nothing. Nothing is planned. Only another steroid shot in three weeks. Pitiful me. Pity party. (Insert wailing and gnashing of teeth here.) Oi vey. Its a shonda. Now I will stop kvetching.

***
Enough of that. I did go to the Hoblob after PT this morning and bought 8 skeins of red/blue yarn to make an afghan for a random high school football player that I never met because he liked the one I made Beach Boy. (Formerly Son-In-Town). Go figure.

I have three crochet projects I am currently working on. One of which is incomplete because I have run out of the yarn and can not find any to match it in my local stores. Yikes! May have to import the yarn.

I will close with a shout out to Sister Marsha. Hope your birthday tomorrow is extra fun for you.
Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment