Thursday, August 7, 2014

Confessions of a former athlete.

I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes this morning. It was all I could do. At 2.0 speed. I know. It is embarrassing. I have to start somewhere. I did three sets of ten curls. With 5 lb weights. And that sums up my workout this morning. I could cry.

I had the epidural steroid shot on Tuesday. I was hoping for a miracle. This miracle comes in baby steps. The doctor said to give it 3 to 5 days. It has only been two. I started the day yesterday feeling more normal than I have in weeks. Or months. As the day wore on my right hip/leg/foot started the pain and tingling again. Not quite as bad, though. I debated taking meds as I was going to bed. I ended up falling asleep without them.

My Mom's brother, Menou, died yesterday morning. He was the sweet funny uncle you always wanted. He was wise. He was low key. He had a successful life. Not without its pains. In the end he departed this world surrounded by his wife and all of his children who revered him and loved him so dearly. As do his grandchildren. As do his many nieces and nephews. He is also survived by 4 sisters and one remaining brother.
I am sad that I will not travel to the funeral. My body fails me now.

Prayers go out to sister, Marsha, as she nurses her husband through chemotherapy. God's blessings on you both.

Peace to you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment