Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I've got my Tuesday panties on but I guess you knew that, too!

It is one of our family's favorite and oft repeated movie quotes from the movie "Big Business" with Lily Tomlin and Bette Midler. It was pretty hysterical. Maybe I'll watch it again. For fun.

Anyway. Tuesday. It's been a good day. I am making inroads back to normal. Not there, yet. But - a big but - I have gone without any pain meds today. That feels like forward motion to me. Not saying I haven't hurt. Just saying I could tolerate it today. Yesterday I managed a light workout at the Y. Today, after my PT stretches, I rocked the living room yoga with Rodney Yi. He is the bomb. Then I went about my morning like I could. By noon I was "wo" out. This afternoon I put together the above mentioned casserole (after reading this I realized that I didn't mention the casserole above...it's below), washed and folded sheets and towels, started a new book, and worked on one of my crochet projects.

Mr. Macho is having a long day and is on his way home. I put together a good Mexican casserole, knowing that he might be late. The casserole is in the fridge and will be popped in the oven tomorrow evening. Tonight = leftovers.

I need to get back to 100%. And soon. My wanderlust has been on hold since Easter and I am starting to chomp at the bit to get in the car and go. I am still licking the wounds of my canceled vacay.

In the good news department the Super Carrot, who will celebrate birthday #3 next month, is on the road to being and underpants wearing big girl. Won't be long before she is tossing her pappi!

Next week is Millie's #1 birthday. We will celebrate this weekend with family out the wazoo to help.

Growing up girls. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment