Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wedded bliss.

Thirty seven years. It is a lifetime to some. Today it is a lifeline for me. 
This week I have had a crisis of ego. My self image is at an all time low. I have actually felt sorry for Mr. Macho. He is proving that he meant it when he said, "In sickness and in health..." 

We were married on the thirteenth of August in 1977. Three days before Elvis died. Our marriage and life have been marked with hilarity. With happiness. With heartache. And headache. With births. And teenagers. We have survived crises and the college years. We have forged our love with time. 

This man. Is my rock. 
And sometimes I want to kick it. But most times it is sanity and comfort and normal-ness and warmth and humor. And so much more. 

Happy Anniversary, Baby. Got you on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment