Monday, March 19, 2012

Good foot.

The weekend and St. Patrick's Day brought happy faces and baby kisses to our house. It was good to have children's voices around. More renewal of my spirit.
Out of Town Son brought his dog, Petey. Tucker and Petey made a fast friendship.
Tucker spent the better part of the day ordering Petey around the back yard. 
Niece Lynn and her two girls and my sister came over for a late evening visit. And then there was .... 
... a couch full of girl cousins! 
That was a fun visit. Later we enjoyed corned beef and cabbage and Daughter bathed the chillluns and put them to bed. Out of Town Son left for home. Daughter and Husband and the two of us enjoyed a game of Mexican Train Dominoes. We got all the way to the 4's, I think, before we realized that it was late and we were tired. 
Yesterday afternoon the house got quiet. Mr. Macho washed the car. I put a load of towels in the machine and started reading the borrowed book "The Hunger Games". I will be finished late tonight or early tomorrow. Gonna see the movie next weekend. I hope. 
Before the sun went down I snapped this pic of our back yard...
The photo is poignant because it will not look like this for much longer. Construction of the addition will commence in about a week. Daughter was feeling a little nostalgic. Happy. Sad. I have to admit that it is a little scary. I have wanted this addition for so long. I have lived in this house for 29 years. And now it will be different. Same. But different. Better, I hope. 
Change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment