Friday, March 23, 2012

Postponed.

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray. I was hoping to drive to the coast yesterday so I could help organize Dad and Mom's taxes today. When I woke up yesterday morning the muscle ache I had been experiencing for over a week was ratcheted up a notch. Felt like I had to keep moving to make myself comfortable and every so often my back/shoulder would catch and knock the breath out of me. I could not imagine driving 4.5 hours like that - especially since the weather was rainy and nasty and I would have been tense driving in it. So. I made up my mind to stay put and go to the clinic to see what was going on. Turns out I have an inflamed muscle/tendon connector right under my left shoulder blade. I think it is better this morning. I have some anti-inflammatory med and a muscle relaxer. I have been icing it frequently then I get this rubber ball and place it between my back and the wall and go up and down for a massage effect. This morning isn't near as bad as yesterday morning.
Hopefully I can reschedule my trip to see Mom and Dad next week. Mimi will work by herself this morning trying to gather and organize Mom and Dad's tax info. So, so sorry that I won't be there to help.
******
Last night Son in Town and Sweet Pea came over and ate supper with us and played for a while. She is learning so much right now.
I couldn't pick her up 'cause of my sore back. I could sit on the floor and play with her. And I did.

Mr. Macho and Sweet Pea sitting in the hoola hoop. She loved it. She would sit in the circle and pat the floor. She is the ultimate director - without even saying a word! 

Here we are almost at the weekend. Hope yours is full of adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment