Friday, March 9, 2012

Solar flare.

Man has it been a funky week. I've had the blues. Just off my game. Tuesday morning I went to art class and all the other girls ran circles around me. They were all engaged in what was going on. We all carved blocks for printing. I pulled my 3 or 4 prints then just shut down. I spent the next hour walking around watching the others have such fun experimenting with colors and pulling prints from each others' blocks. They were planning to frame them and hang them and talked about whose room and what walls the prints would land on. I was not present.
Wednesday was Mom and Dad's anniversary. Dad actually Skyped me Tuesday and Wednesday. I was so glad to see both of them. Dad is the same, really. No better, no worse. Mimi cooked them oyster stew for their special dinner. Marsha steamed some asparagus to go with it. I think Kaye made her famous chocolate chip cake for the celebration.
Later that afternoon Mimi and I had a good phone confession. We both admitted our depression. I wish I could just snap out of it. And I am. A slow snap. Well. Not really a snap. More of a slow climb out.

Wednesday afternoon I found a blank linoleum block and carved another print.  I found a little of my joy again. So I pulled some prints of it and some of a block I had already carved.

Wednesday's block print. 




Carved this in Tuesday Morning Art Class (T-MAC). 
*********

Anyway. Last night Mr. Macho and I enjoyed a nice meal at one of our favorites - La Fiesta Familia. Then we went to Annunciation Elementary's musical production of "Alice in Wonderland, Jr. " and really enjoyed it.
Am going to enjoy today as much as possible. The weather is inclement. I will work at putting things away today. Clearing surfaces. And I have a book to read. Clothes washing is on the agenda, also. I will work at sweeping out sad cobwebs.
Breathe. Just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment