Sunday, June 3, 2012

A blueberry Sunday.


Friday evening, after we enjoyed a cool supper on the back porch, Uncle Jay and Aunt Laura came by for a pleasant visit. We had some cold beverages and enjoyed some good laughs. I like to think there will be many more laughs and good times had on that porch. Color me happy! I have a porch to share. Am loving it. And it isn't even finished and there are still tools on it and we are still sitting on camp chairs. But oh, am I loving it.

Yesterday, Saturday, brought the tile man back to our house. He tried hard and saved some of his reputation by reframing my tub window. I am mostly satisfied with the tile and floors. Moving on.
Mr. Macho and I were back on our hands and knees trying to get up some more glue. After more than an hour we got our aching bodies outside for some yard work. It actually helped our frame of mind and felt good to see a tiny amount of neatness brought back to our yard. Tiny. Long way to go. 


Window looks much better. We had to give the tub a little TLC today. The tile men put several scratches on my new tub. 

Tile men still rank at the bottom. This is me letting it go. And tomorrow I will try to let it go, again. 
******
Out of Town Son and wife were in town to pick up a shelf for their new house and dropped by to check our progress yesterday. They were perfectly delighted and were sweet to ooh and ahhh just the right number of times to make me very proud of all the new space being created. OOT Son brought the cigar box guitar that he built and played us some wonderful bluesy music while we sat on the back porch waiting for the tile man to leave. Another fun time added to the porch history. And the tools were witness. 
The tile man finally left. And we were glad. The four of us all went and enjoyed way too much food together. Then OOT Son and wife drove home. And we did, too. 
*******
Sunday and the heat return-eth. After church my friend, Carla, asked if I would like to come pick blueberries at her house in the afternoon. I rarely, if ever, turn down fresh fruit or vegetables. After our Sunday dinner - of baked chicken, green beans, grape tomatoes and cucumbers, and some great baby summer squash out of Uncle Jay's garden - we headed off to pick the berries. 

Carla and her husband, Mike, live in a log cabin with a tin roof. A very nice log cabin with a tin roof. They have somewhere between 15-20 acres. They are down to one horse and are trying to find a good home for it. Three dogs (she volunteers at the animal shelter). Used to have chickens. She gardens. And she shares. Thank you Carla for the blueberries and the visit on your big porch. If we hadn't left when we did we would probably be sound asleep right there on your porch. Still. 


Us. Picking blueberries.

Me and Sweet Carla by the blueberry patch. 

Aren't they gorgeous?

I promised Mr. Macho that I would only pick two gallons. We could have easily picked four times that much. There were ripe blueberries everywhere we looked. 

Mr. Macho and Carla's husband, Mike. He is one interesting dude. Gotta like Mike. And we do. 
***
Back to the house and winding down the weekend. This next week will bring the progress of finishing some things. Perhaps, next weekend, we might even begin to relocate some of our furniture back into it's proper location. That is my happy thought for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment