Friday, June 15, 2012

No pic post.

This week has flown. Spread it's wings and soared right through. Little things got done until Wednesday when Uncle Jay had to leave because of back trouble. The painters were here Wednesday and for a little while Thursday. They are pretty much finished until the very final touch ups. Uncle Jay will be out until Monday, at the earliest. Man. I feel bad for him. I really understand that when  your back goes out you are out of commission.
Really though - it is nice to have a day with no workers here. My good electrician has one more little thing to do today and he will be totally finished. Maybe I can get some things organized a little today.

****
Tucker goes home today. With a loose tooth! Yup. He noticed it yesterday. By last night it was wiggling nicely. He said he is just "curious" about his gums. This morning he asked if his gums would get littler. I think he means that he is curious about the anatomy of losing a tooth. He also said that the tooth fairy might bring him a paycheck! At the breakfast table Granddaddy told him that we could tie a string across the road and tie it to his tooth and wait for a car to drive by. Then Tucker told his Granddaddy about tying a string around a door knob, slamming the door, and then, "Bam! Can I get a 'what - what'?!" It was hysterical. Granddaddy (a.k.a. Mr. Macho) told Tucker that he had pulled his Mom's first tooth. And she didn't even know it.

*****
It is Lauren's 9th birthday today. She was our first grandchild. Born on a rainy night. On the way to the hospital the clouds parted and there was a gorgeous full moon. She presented herself in the wee hours of a Sunday morning. Oh. She was such a little thing. I guess she is one of the most unique individuals I know. And I like it that way. You rock, Lauren. I love you. Party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment