Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tucker's visit - day two.

Picked up Tucker Sunday evening. Grandchildren get easier as they get older. He can do things for himself. That is nice. He can play games. That is fun. He beats me. Some of the time. He is getting to be a better sport. I can not remember ever making it to the end of a card game of Battle before. He beat me in record time today.

Construction details continue to flesh out around us. Even though we are back living in most of the space, new furniture will not be delivered until next week. Picked out a bed today. Window man measured for shades yesterday. Door handles and locks are showing up all over the place. The new paint on the house is magically morphing onto the walls. It looks good. Thanks to Uncle Bo and his Merry Men.



 Sneak peak at the bathroom mirrors - lights over the mirrors might get installed today. 

Mr. Macho "helps" put the legos together.

Tucker, donning his Spider Man glove, observes Uncle Jay.

Uncle Jay indoctrinates another trusty helper. 

The yard is a muddy mess. I would not let Tucker wear shoes in the yard. The feet got spayed off with the garden hose. 

Oh yea. Boy. Tree. 

Ditto. 

Tucker helped make the jello parfaits. All it takes is a fancy glass, jello, yogurt, and strawberries. 

He liked eating it more than he liked making it for sure. 

Laundry room got a good coat of new paint today. Pretty soon Uncle Jay will install the remainder of the tile in there. I do hope my electrician arrives this afternoon. Ceiling fans on the porch. That is what I'm talking about. Sheer happiness. 
****
Day one of art camp for Tucker was a success. He made a friend, Matt. He will go back for two more afternoons of art camp. At the YMCA. I will get to Lowe's and order my shades today. 
*****
I think that I just may be landing somewhere over the rainbow. This addition is a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment