Sunday, June 10, 2012

I feel like I have not stopped moving since my return from Aunt Eleanor's funeral. So glad I was there. The service was brief. She would have liked that.
******
We have moved furniture back into the old den. Our camping days are behind us. It is starting to feel like my house again. Still have many details before completion. The next few weeks will be spent entertaining Lauren and Tucker, chasing dust, finding new spots for old stuff. And enjoying the space. 

Love my new facilities.

Love the new sinks. Love the shell drawer pulls. Love the counter top.

Old den before new rug. 

New rug.

Mr. Macho reaches Nirvana. Even though I admit it was late when the T.V. and chair got set up, progress came to a screeching halt Friday night at this point. 

Saturday. Thanks to Uncle Jay, Justin, Son in Town, and Mr. Macho. Moving the piano was an ordeal. ("It ain't heavy, it's my piano." - Sung to the tune "He ain't heavy, he's my brother.")

Old cabinet/shelves. New locale. 

Porch. Sans majority of tools. Screen should in about a week. 

******

We all met up at Holy Spirit Church to baptize the Super Carrot last evening. It was a happy celebration. Only marred by Mr. Macho's forgetting to turn the car lights off thus killing the battery and by slow service and sassy waitresses at Wintzell's Restaurant. Am glad some of our party were not charged at all for their meal. The children were very well behaved, considering. It took forever to get our food. Then another forever to get out of there. As Mr. Macho likes to say, "We have been to Wintzell's!" - which translates to, "I will not grace the doors of that establishment in the future."
Poor Mr. Macho. He was very put out about the car battery. Mr. Macho is not much for the limelight, especially of the negative variety.
Thank goodness he is over it and has recuperated his cheery demeanor. 

Merritt, The Super Carrot, giving her granddaddy the Sweet Eyes. 

Godparents, The Super Carrot, her parents. 

The whole gang. Plus some. 

Godparents blessing the child. 




Everyone gets in on the act.




This little light of mine. We think it shines. 

Merritt and her fairy godmother. 

Son in Town, Sweet Pea, and SIT's wife. 

SIT trying to get Mr. Macho to loosen up. It worked. 

Out of Town Son and spouse. 

Son-in-law and his sister. 

Wayne and Tracey. 

Tucker and the godparents. 

Us. At the long table. 

Another table shot. 

Sweet Pea ate the lemon. And liked it. She even ate the peel. 

Sweet sisters. 
 *****
Just about to put a pot roast on the table for Sunday dinner. Feel like I have accomplished a few things this morning. My ox was in the ditch. This afternoon I should get some more stuff settled into its place.  Mr. Macho and I will, hopefully, get the carport cleared for the painters. 
This week we celebrate, at least, three more family birthdays. Painters will be here. Uncle Jay will finish the siding and the tongue and groove. Electricians will finish up. Maybe even the wayward floor men will show up to fix the boo boos I have discovered. Not gonna hold my breath on that one. Oh you know how I feel about those floor guys. Not my favorite. 
What is on your agenda this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment