Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday. Already.

Man. This week is going, going. Lauren is still with us. She almost jumped ship yesterday. She got homesick. But we found some things to do yesterday and didn't have to go to town for anything. That made the day better. For both of us. We made a cake together. We added fresh strawberries and some runny strawberry preserves that I made last year. The icing was cream cheese, cool whip, and more runny strawberry preserves. Lauren added sprinkles. In the end she really doesn't really  like the icing at all. And the cake only a little. But she had fun licking the bowls.


She had a fun time at the YMCA Art Camp. We have gotten to swim two nights in a row after supper. Today I hope we can make it to the pool in the afternoon. Last night she went to bed right before 9:00 and slept until 7:00. It will be a good day. 

*****
Furniture was delivered yesterday! Lauren got to sit on everything first. She and her Granddaddy love the new recliner that sits smack in front of the TV. In the old den

TV heaven. 

New den furniture. I have already tweaked it a little. Added a Pier One table in the corner. One I already had. Lamp that Daughter gave me years ago sits on the table in the corner. They look great. One more chair will arrive soon. It had to be ordered. Even though it is the same as the other chair. It just wasn't in stock. 

Early this morning we heard a loud noise and looked out to see our top soil arrive. It is good dirt. Sifted. 

This new dirt will be spread around the yard. If I were a kid I would be in it. 

******
Been to town and back this morning. Lauren spent her two dollars at the Dollar Tree. She purchased grow creatures. They are in water. In buckets. In the bathroom. Right now. She thinks they have grown already. 

***
Swimming this afternoon should wear us both out. I am already tired. My hats off to young mothers. I know I did this. With three children. But my gosh. I have forgotten how exhausting it can be. Kudos to all you mothers out there. May the force be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment