Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feeling all aglow.

Great 3 mile walk this morning. Feeling the residual Zen of my art and my tai chi class from yesterday.  Plus. The air is cool. It is sunny. Low humidity. I was finding my chi and having happy drawing thoughts, enjoying the play of sunlight on the grass. Dark green. Light green. Everything was sharp and in focus.
The official start of Fall begins shortly after 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. I find it funny that Fall begins at a specific moment. Autumnal equinox. It brings on these wonderful pictures in my head of sweaters and pumpkins and stews and burning leaves in the yard. This morning was cool enough that it warranted wearing a t-shirt AND a long sleeve shirt.
I have things to do today. Bible study. Grocery shopping. Art homework (just have to draw something). I am trying out some Weight Watchers' recipes and finding that I like them. I am having some success in losing the pounds that I want gone. My pants are fitting better. I will not have to purchase a new wardrobe, after all. Whew.
Later today we will attend a junior high football game. I'll wear a sweater. We will eat a hot bowl of leftover gumbo before the game. And maybe we will even burn some leaves on Saturday. To celebrate and welcome Fall.
Tomorrow is a special day. So be sure and check back for my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment