Sunday, September 9, 2012

What's for lunch.

I am trying hard to stay within my Weight Watcher point range. I was very proud of myself last night. We ate out. I ate a salad with balsamic vinaigrette on the side - used maybe a teaspoon of dressing. I also ate grilled asparagus and a delicious grilled catfish with a nice crawfish sauce. People around me were eating fried plates of yumminess and creamy pasta dishes. I did take two pinches of the fresh bread the waitress brought to sop up the last little bites of the crawfish sauce. All in all I felt like I ate pretty light.
On Sundays we usually eat a mid-day dinner. Sunday nights are called "every man for himself" night at our house. Today I cooked brown rice, canned black beans with homemade salsa, and stir fried chicken with onions an peppers and spiced with chili powder. It was all yummy. And I fared pretty well on my WW points. 
*****

Babysitting yesterday was pretty easy. Merritt crawled and played and was a most sweet baby all day. 
At lunch time I sat Merritt in her high chair and gave her some baby yogurt puffs. I warmed myself a bowl of vegetable soup. When I started to eat, Merritt started to grunt. I gave her a bite of carrot out of my soup. She looved it. She ended up eating all the veggies out my soup which included all the carrots, celery, green beans and tomatoes. She spit out the rice and what ever else those little things were in the soup (maybe barley?). 

After playing inside for a short time, Lauren and Tucker played outside with a neighbor boy and only came inside for lunch the rest of the day. 

Lauren's posed surprise face. Watch me color, Nanny. She always wants an audience. Maybe she will be an actress when she grows up! I hear she is really good at learning the weekly poem that her teacher assigns. 

Tucker's bored face. Like, take the picture already, Nanny. And get out of my face. I am busy! Can't you see?

Cutie Patootie! She is all smiles. And drool. If you are around her, you are gonna get wet. 

Crawling under the table. What a fun game!

She licked the windows and door while she watched the big kids playing outside. 

***
Wishing I could be on the coast to help Mimi. This week she has totally cleaned out two refrigerators at Mom and Dad's. She has arranged and been present for carpet cleaning, plumbing repairs, and lawn clean ups. She has lined up three new sitter companies to be interview by her, Peter, and Marsha. (Another sister and a brother.) Mind you, Mimi is also employed and has a house of her own to run. Amanda made it back to Virginia in one piece. I know she feels blessed, as I did, to have helped care for Mom and Dad during their evacuation. 
Lynn is due in Ridgeland tomorrow to assume The Duties. She will stay until Friday and be followed by other sisters - Paulette then Stephanie. 
I understand that Dad has had to take his nitro glycerin several times this week for his chest pain. I am most anxious, as I know all my siblings are, to get Mom and Dad home. Dad needs home. Amanda is working on making the travel arrangements as siblings on the coast begin to hire new sitters. 
It really is taking a village to "raise" our parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment