Friday, September 28, 2012

Roller coaster.

The ride has been up and down this week. I enjoyed my three classes. There are only 6 sessions per class. I like that. Short and sweet. I REALLY like the Spanish class. I like the teacher's approach that tries to get us to say as many Spanish words out loud as she can. That is good. Practice is good. 
Drawing class is good simply because I like being around other like-minded people that enjoy art. 
Dr. Armando de la Cruz teaches my Tai chi class. He is originally from the Philippines. Tai chi makes me happy. It is good meditative exercise.
Yesterday I drove over to celebrate Grandparent's Day at Lauren and Tucker's school. Lauren's class sang a sweet song that made me cry. They each showed me their class rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed the morning. After a fruitful visit to Sam's I had lunch with Daughter and thoroughly enjoyed our few minutes together. 
Yesterday had its down moments. Dad had a rough morning with some bad breathing issues. More meds helped him relax and rest. Don't know what today will mean for him. 
***
Friday night and we will be at home keep a check on the Trojans remotely. Their game is 3 hours away and we just don't do the long distance games anymore. Here's a shout out - Go Trojans!! 
****
Furniture is being delivered today! It has been about 6 weeks since we picked it out. One piece is not in but I wanted the rest to be here. We are getting a new credenza for our TV  plus two occasional tables for the old den. A media chest is also being delivered for the new bedroom. The bedside table will come later. Now I need to find a table and 6 chairs for the new den. Another rug for the new den. And some other odds and ends. I am almost ready to start hanging some art! 
*****
Don't really have weekend plans. I guess we'll just fly by the seat of our pants. Gotta love that. I'll let you know if anything exciting happens or adventure comes our way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment