Friday, September 7, 2012

Wrap this one in gold and black.

That's right. We are in the throws of football. Again. Son-in-town is an assistant high school football coach. Tonight we will be in the stands cheering on the Trojans. Unless it rains. When Coach Son was in high school rain could not keep me away. Not so now. I still love the high school football game. Love watching the band march into the stands. Love the National Anthem. Love watching the crowd. Love watching the game. Love the excitement. Go Trojans!
The week has slipped through my hands with not much to talk about. Have tried to catch up from being out of town last week. Have done a little crocheting. Actually bought a couple of crochet booklets. Working on a new little baby bonnet pattern.
I started Weight Watchers this week. My pants were feeling just too tight. I already feel better just for having put more fruit and vegetables into my diet. My workout this morning felt energetic. All good.
Am heading to have lunch with Daughter today. The Super Carrot is home with a tummy bug. I hope the bug doesn't travel.
Amanda, sister from Virginia, has had The Duty with Mom and Dad this week. Sunday will complete their second week of evacuation. Hopefully we will get them home in another two weeks. Mimi, sister on the ground, is cleaning and working hard to have everything in place for their return home. Amanda will fly home tomorrow. Lynn, sister from Texas, will arrive on Monday to spend the week ministering to our parents.
Tomorrow I will drive back to Daughter's house and babysit Lauren, Tucker, and Merritt. Daughter is helping  host a wedding shower for her college roommate. Fun times. She has kept up with many of the friends she made in college. Old friends are good to have. I have very few friends that I feel like are true blue old friends.
No going to that pity party today. I have much to do before the sun goes down. Better get to it. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment