Monday, December 2, 2013

And so it begins.

December. With all of its happy-sad mish-mosh of the emotional roller coaster. Two sisters have already wished me a happy birthday week. Okay! Off to a better start than last year. A combination of things kept my birthday from being very happy last year. My Dad was dying. Enough said. This year I am trying to make my own weather. Own my karma. I already have plans in the works to spend Wednesday with my girlie friends. Carpe diem!

We did get most of the Christmas decorations put out yesterday. The front door and mailbox are about all that is left. I will wait until tomorrow to finish that up. I hope to get some shopping done this week. It might be next week before I finish. Than I will have to start planning in earnest what to eat at our family gathering and what to plan to eat when we go home to Mom's. But not today. Today we fed the masses. Spaghetti. And it was good. Yes. The workers can eat if there is anything left. And there was food left. It is a rainy kind of day and our numbers were down. But hungry people still came to us.

It is my favorite month of good deeds, again. I am enjoying doing some things. No. I will not tell. Only that it feels good. And I don't need anyone to know that I did it. Gives it even more of a zing. I encourage you to do something small but meaningful for somebody. And don't tell.

Peace on earth. Good will toward men. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment