Saturday, December 14, 2013

Round one.

We win. This round. Lauren's MRI yesterday indicated there is no tumor. A great big sigh and a heartfelt thank you for prayers offered on her/our behalf. There are further tests on the schedule. I am hoping for a simple, curable explanation. Please God.

We enjoyed a sleepover from the Super Carrot. She went with us to Sweet Pea's Christmas program where the staff got it right. In 30 minutes we were out of there. It was precious. Sweet Pea was a natural on the stage. She knew every word and every gesture for her songs. 
Merritt was full of song during this visit. She sang "Hacky birthday to Jesus!", "Jesus loves me this I know", and "Jingle Bells". Over. And over. 
 
And. She loved playing the "peeno". And singing. 


How can you not want to just eat up little feet in Christmas socks?! Right? 

Poor Merritt threw up twice on the way home yesterday. She was fine after that. I am thinking car sick. Not stomach bug. (She may get that from her Nanny. I am the queen of car sick.) 

Today dawned rainy. Less rain and more just dreary as the day progresses. After a good workout at the gym Mr. Macho and I have just piddled around the house. I met up with some neighbors for a drive way pow-wow before lunch and presented them with their Christmas "happies" from us. I introduced the gifts as, "not home-made, and not expensive." They loved the cheap goodies I had bagged for them. And I shared my Christmas oranges with them. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered the large box. But I have oranges coming out the wazoo. 

I have much to do next week. But for now I am relaxed. We are going to support our church youth tonight and eat their chili. Then we are going to enjoy our little town's Christmas parade. It will feature the Budweiser Clydesdales!! I am truly excited about seeing them. 

Peace on earth. Goodwill toward men. 


No comments:

Post a Comment