Friday, December 6, 2013

Heinz 57.


Yes. I am now 57 years old. So? This year my birthday was mostly happy. (It was tempered by some disturbing news about Lauren. That discussion is for a later day. It is a medical issue.)
Wednesday I went shopping with my girlie friends. They bought me lunch and we shopped until we were all worn out. It was a good day.

Thursday, yesterday, was my birthday. The day was good. I received many birthday cards. I talked to my Mom the day before and she wished me a happy birthday and I told her I was glad I was born and thanks for having me, Mom. She told me she was glad I was born. She said I love you. I said I love you.
I had cards/phone calls/Skype calls/and texts from all my siblings. Even my friend, Ruby, who is out of town for 3 months, arranged for her daughter-in-law to drop a present by my house.  Being the seventh child of nine, often lost among the throng, it feels good to be remembered. Knowing that I love the birth stories, Marsha asked about my very own birth story. Some of our childhood stories come from an older sibling's memories. I just don't have any information about my birth story. Maybe that is one of the reasons I feel so strongly about telling and retelling the events that surrounded the birth of each of my children. Each birth was different and had it's own unique twist. And I remember. Each. One.

Anyway. I did what I wanted...got a little Christmas shopping done and some Christmas cards written and mailed. One of my sisters-in-law dropped by for a nice visit. She brought me a very lovely scarf. Her presence made my day feel happier. I got a colorful arrangement of flowers from Out-of-Town Son and Sweet Alyssa. In the evening Mr. Macho and I enjoyed a bottle of Spumante and then went out to the fancy restaurant in town and enjoyed a lovely meal.  Super Carrot got teased and couldn't quite sing her signature "Hacky Birthday to You!" on facetime. That is okay. She sang it to me a few days ago. It counts.

Sister Paulette is taking me to lunch today. The celebration continues. I plan more Christmas shopping today. Must get this done. Must get this done. Eeeek.

This is me not panicking. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment