Monday, December 9, 2013

Just another Monday.

The birthday has come and gone. There was no cake. There were no candles. But. There was fried chicken. And a clean kitchen. And wonderful and varied renditions of "Happy Birthday to you!" There was time spent with friends. And family. And it was good.

The weekend rain has intruded upon my Monday and rendered it a stay home day. And so. I declare this "Christmas Waffle Making Day"! My Mom's old family recipe for Belgian Waffles will be dusted off and lightly adhered to. It has been handed down from generation to generation. The recipe, written in my mother's hand, actually belongs to Daughter. However, she has not claimed custody, yet. So I make the waffles. It is a happy arrangement.

My room that usually looks like a yarn bomb went off now has the appearance of a gift wrap bomb explosion. Slowly presents are morphing from here to underneath our tree. Today the house will start to smell like Christmas with all the nutmeg and cinnamon that goes into the waffles. I think I need to play some good happy tunes while the baking is going on. That will set a good mood.

I wish you could see Daughter's photo of her children on Santa's lap. It is classic. With The Super Carrot in full blown "bloody murder" face. It. Is. Hysterical!

Peace on earth. Be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment